How We Calculate Taxes
- We have a national and international sales footprint with physical headquarters and are required to collect sales tax per domains and taxing authority laws.
- Sales tax rates varies by county and taxing authority.
- Tax-exempt customers must submit their tax exemption certificate to avoid tax. Please email your tax exempt certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Cards – No sales tax is charged when buying gift cards. The appropriate sales tax will be charged on the purchase when the gift card is used.
- We do not add or collect sales tax for states, authorities or territories we are not required to do so in. It is the customer’s responsibility to pay appropriate tax to your state, authority or territory when necessary.
- In states in which we do not have a physical presence, we may be required to charge applicable state and local sales tax on orders shipped if required to do so under state and/or local tax laws.
- Some taxing authorities also require the taxable amount to include any shipping and handling charges, while others charge sales tax only on merchandise. We are required to follow the rules of each state, province or territory.